General Terms of Sales and Delivery - "Bundesanzeiger Verlag GmbH"
As we are a German company and are subject to German law, please note that the German version of the "General Terms of Sales and Delivery" alone is legally binding. Therefore please refer to the German "Allgemeinen Verkaufs- und Lieferungsbedingungen". This translation merely serves as a guideline.
- All deliveries made by us - including any deliveries made in the future - are made exclusively under the terms of these General Terms and Conditions of Sale and Delivery. Any conditions of purchase stipulated by the purchaser are refuted herewith. Such conditions of purchase are not accepted even if we do not expressly refute them once again upon receipt by us.
- Our merchandise are dispatched to the account of and at the risk of the recipient. Subscriptions are invoiced every six months or every year in advance, at the subscription rate.
- Each consumer (§ 13 BGB) is entitled to revoke subscription orders, which has been concluded exclusively by means of telecommunication, within two weeks after receipt of the delivery and/or of the first partial delivery. The revocation do not require any justification, but has however to be effected in writing on a lasting data medium or by returning the goods to the Bundesanzeiger Verlag GmbH, Amsterdamer Str.192, 50735 Cologne or to the supplier's address. The timely dispatch (date of postmark) is sufficient for complying within the prescribed time limit. For lack of any other agreement and without prejudice to legal provisions there is no right of revocation, among others for contracts for the delivery of merchandise, produced according to customer specifications, or which have been clearly custom-made according to the personal needs or are not suitable to be returned due to their characteristics. Compensation may be demanded for deterioration of the merchandise. This does not apply, if the deterioration of the merchandise results exclusively from scrutinising it - as it would have been possible for you in a retail shop. Compensation can be avoided by not using the merchandise as an owner and by refraining from all activities, which could deteriorate its value. The consumer has to bear the return costs, unless he has either effected pre-payment at the time of the revocation, or if the delivered commodity does not correspond to the order.
- Cancellation are possible for half yearly subscriptions after 6 months, for annual subscriptions after 12 months. They must have been received by the publishing house on the 15th of the previous month at the latest. Each cancellation has to be effected in writing. Non-acceptance of delivery will not be considered as cancellation. The subscription automatically prolongs, if the cancellation is not received in due time. Past experience shows that not all subscribers require Federal Gazette supplements or Federal Law Gazette annexes and annex volumes. The publishing house reserves the right in these cases to deliver supplements or annexes and annex volumes free of charge only on written request. Requests for Federal Gazette supplements must have been received by the publishing house within a period of two months after publication date, for Federal Law Gazette annexes and annex volumes by 31 March of the year following on their publication.
- Complaints have to be submitted to the publishing house in writing within one week after receipt of the delivery. Any complaints concerning subscription delivery have to be submitted immediately.
- All claims of compensation by the purchaser caused by delayed or missing delivery are excluded. (Except all cases to which § 309 nos. 7 and 8a BGB applies)
- The publishing house retains the unrestricted ownership of all purchased merchandise up to complete fulfilment of all payment obligations by the purchaser.
- All deliveries are payable within 8 days after receipt of the invoice without cash discount or other deductions. Please specify the complete invoice number when paying. Please transfer your subscription payment to the Postbank account Bundesanzeiger Köln 399 509 (Bank identification code 370 100 50). Please transfer any other payments to our Postbank account Cologne 834 00-502 (Bank identification code 370,100 50). Interest shall be charged according to the respective bank rates for short term credits, at least however an interest rate of 3% over the respective German Federal Bank prime rate, if the payment has not been effected in due time.
- Verbal agreements or special agreements to these General Terms of Sales and Delivery are invalid. Modifications do require written confirmation by the publishing house.
- Place of performance and area of jurisdiction for both contractual parties is Cologne, if the contracting party of the publishing house is a businessman, a corporation under public law or a separate estate under public law.